Monday, January 9, 2017

A rebirth of sorts.

Sitting alone at an eating establishment reading Bukowski and listening to Hip Hop music has led to me crave a rebirth of sorts. This is not an entirely new venture, but more a continuation of a blog one can find at subject-to-interpretation.blogspot.com which ran its course. Everything has to be retired at a point and it's time to stop pretending that that blog is still ongoing, although I won't delete it and it shall be kept as a sort of memoir of thoughts which came to me and passed years ago back when I was first a University student with a lot on my mind.

This will both be and not be a personal diary in the sense that I will not be speaking about things which go on in my personal life on a daily basis, but I shall still be writing as openly as I have always written about issues both on an international and local scale with varying degrees of relevance in my somewhat cultivated and entirely plagiarised style. I like to consider myself a poor man's Bukowski, but then again even that title was plagiarised from an episode of Californication.

I will not attempt to promise a timeline for the posts, or any sort of regularity, but sitting here reading Bukowski has awakened a fire that I thought had long since died. A fire for writing which I had until I was writing about things I didn't care about in a style I didn't care for simply to pay the bills. Circumstance has now changed and as the fire once again seems to be alight, let's see where this goes.

I do hope my drivel is still as entertaining as it was back then. I am eternally hopeful.


No comments:

Post a Comment